We take care for your vehicle
News Flash: On March 17, 2009 Hal’s Auto Body & Collision Center was re-certified as an I-Car Gold Class Professional. That means that the entire staff of Hal’s Auto Body is properly trained to repair your vehicle after an accident. Presently, Hal’s Auto Body is the only shop in Rhode Island to achieve this accreditation.
To learn more about I-Car visit them at www.i-car.com
Hal’s Auto Body & Collision Center is committed to our clients to provide the best possible quality repair at a fair and competitive price; to always maintain our clients best interests in mind and adhere to a strict code of ethics.
Harold’s Code of Ethics
1. Recommend only corrective parts and procedures to put vehicle into pre loss condition.
2. Offer a preliminary estimate of repair upon request.
3. Obtain a work authorization from the vehicle owner of the repairs at hand.
4. Exercise reasonable care for the client’s property while it is under our care.
5. Make every effort to inform clients of additional repairs required during repairs and expected delivery deadlines.
6. Negotiate with any third party carriers only on the client’s behalf in order to put the vehicle to pre loss condition to the best of our abilities, and inform clients of any deviations suggested by third party bill payer.
7. Provide a final bill for all parts, materials and labor for services provided.
1. Recommend corrective and maintenance services and explain to the client which ones are required to fix the problem at hand and which ones should be done for preventive maintenance.
2. Offer client a fair and competitive price for all work to be done.
3. Obtain prior authorization for all work done either written or by other means satisfactory to the client.
4. Furnish an itemized invoice for all work completed.
5. Attempt to fix the client’s vehicle right the first time.
6. Address any of the client’s concerns or problems and deal with them in a professional and timely manner.